I did wish to try OSX but the problem is dont have enough money to buy apple computers.. they’re really expensive and not quite reasonable enough to spend a lot of money on that kind of machine (on my own opinion only). but murmurs and hacks are spreading around the net that OSX can be installed on a PC .. well that kind of news is tempting to try out.. i did tried to install OSX tiger before but got no luck.. and got a bunch or errors so i give up coz my tiny brain was really squish up in finding ways to make it work but seems to be impossible.
After few months i received and email with the news that leopard can run on a PC. Hehehehe!!! my eagerness now burst up to try again. the news claim that Leopard can be installed on a PC with just a super easy instructions that even a PC noob can do it.. and OMG it really is super simple.. here’s the process
ake sure you backup all important data before you proceed. Here are the things that you will need before Install Leopard on your PC…
- The Patched DVD Image
- The zip file containing the patch
- One pen drive or USB Flash Drive formatted as FAT32
Well once you have all these you can go ahead and Install Leopard..
Step 1. Getting things ready
- Burn the DVD Image onto a Single Layer DVD-R using a software like Nero.
- Format the USB Flash Drive and the drive label should be “Patcher” without the quotes. Please note it has to be “Patcher” only and nothing else for the patch to work when we apply it later.
- Extract the Zip file and put its contents into the USB Flash Drive.
- Now your USB Drive should contain a folder called “files”, if it doesn’t then check to see where you have gone wrong.
Step 2. Installing Leopard
- Now that you have the Patched DVD with you, you can now install Leopard. Pop in the DVD into the drive and boot into it by pressing F12 at the BIOS Prompt.
- Boot into the DVD and the installer should now load. It take a while though, so be patient.
- Select your Language and make sure you select Customize and you need to deselect all the packages that are displayed.
- Leopard will now install. This can take a while, so go grab yourself a coffee.
- It will ask you to Reboot, so go ahead and Reboot. Before rebooting make sure that USB Flash Drive is connected to the PC.
Step 3. Patching Leopard
- Now that you have got Leopard installed, you need to patch it. Before we do that Boot into the Leopard DVD like the way you did before.
- Wait for the Darwin Bootloader to load. Once it loads up press F8. You should now see a prompt. Type -s and hit enter. The DVD will now load in Verbose mode. Watch for any errors. It should load without a problem because you have already installed Leopard.
- Once the setup is loaded select your Language. Once done you should now be seeing the Welcome Screen. Once there navigate to Utilities-Terminal.
- Once the terminal loads up, you now need to browse to your USB Drive, so follow the steps below, typing it exactly as it appears below in the Terminal. In the command line type the following as they appear here
Notice the space between cd and the 2 dots.
- Now its the time to run the patcher to make sure Leopard will work on your PC. Type the following into the Terminal. ./9a581PostPatch.sh
- The Patch should now run. You can answer Yes while removing the ACPUPowerManagement.kext
- After the Script is done, you should now be able to Boot into Leopard after you restart.
Step 4. Congratulations! You’ve done the Impossible!
Well that was it. Please note this has not been extensively tested, so most of your Hardware like Sound, Network may not work. If something goes wrong for you or you want to help us, then please join the discussion over at OSX86Scene. If you noticed I haven’t posted the links to the Torrent that contains the DVD image and the zip. Well I haven’t posted them because I am sure the lawyers over at Apple are going to sue the hell out of me. If you wondering where you can find them, then head over to Demonoid and search for it.
Well here are few screenshots by Mac.nub over at the forums who could get Leopard working on his system.
Some Updates and Clarifications :
- This Hack works on Intel PC’s with atleast SSE3
- You need to format your Leopard Partition to HFS+
- Make Sure you install Leopard on MBR and not GUID or it won’t boot.
- More Patched DVD’s from Uphuck, Netkas is in the works so it would be better if you wait for the polished releases to come out.